Help of Various File formats
|PDF content|| |
|Word files|| |
|Excel files|| |
|PowerPoint presentations|| |
|Flash content|| |
|Audio Files|| |
The website contains the following sections, which can be reached by accessing the www.mha.gov.in
The about us section contain essential information about the Ministry and comprise of the following information
- Information about the Departments/divisions
- Organizational Structure
- Program and Schemes Welfare programs and Schemes benefiting the individual, citizens and businesses/community are presented in this section.
- Application Forms All application forms available on the website are presented in this section of the website. These forms can be downloaded from the website for availing services of the Ministry.
- Services The Ministry offers large number of services which can be availed by the user. Information about these services and procedure to avail these services is present in the services section.
- Acts and Rules All Acts passed by the Parliament/State legislative assembly of the concerned Ministry are presented in this section of the website. Further, the Rules/Sub-ordinate legislations issued by the Ministry based on those Acts are also displayed for reference.
- Document and Reports All documents, Reports and Articles published by the Ministry are presented in the Document and Report section of the website. This section is frequently updated and all recent articles are added to this section.
- Circular and Notifications Various Circulars/Notifications that are released from time to time by the Ministry are provided in this section. Information about the Circular/Notification
- Tender's Procurement notices and tenders released by the Ministry for goods, services and other works can be viewed by the tenders section.
- User Feedback For receiving feedbacks from the Users and citizens Ministry has provided the User Feedback module. All users can provide the feedback through the feedback form provided in this section of the website.
Use the accessibility options provided by this Web site to control the screen display. These options allow increasing the text size and changing the contrast scheme for clear visibility and better readability.
Changing Text Size
Changing the size of the text refers to making the text appearing smaller or bigger from its standard size. There are three options provided to you to set the size of the text that affects the readability. These are:
- Large: Displays information in the large font size. Select image for increasing the text size.
- Medium:Displays information in a standard font size, which is the default size. Select for keeping the text size to medium.
- Small:Displays information in the small font size. To decrease the text size select image displayed on the top of the page.
Changing the Contrast Scheme
Changing the contrast scheme refers to applying a suitable background and text contrast that ensures clear readability.
There are two options provided to you to change the contrast scheme. These are:
- High contrast: Applies the black color as the background and suitable colors to the foreground text, to improve readability. High Contrast can be applied by selecting image.
- Standard contrast:Applies white color as the background and black color to the foreground text to set the default contrast. Standard contrast can be applied by selecting image.
Note: Changing the contrast scheme does not affect the images on the screen.
Help on search facility
Using the Search Facility
- Simple search will be available on home page from where user can search on basis of content and keyword available in documents/reports/picture/press release/news.
- Specific search is given on specific pages with the functionality of searching with Keywords, location, title, subject, Ministry etc.
- When searching, don't enter plural forms such as "press releases" because the server will only find documents with releases (plural) in the title or keywords. If you enter release (singular), the server will list entries with both release and releases.
- All searches are case-insensitive. That is, words are looked for regardless of capitalization.
To open pdf documents when java script is turned off in Firefox browser
- select Option->Applications->Portable Document format->Click on Action( by default it is Preview in Firefox)-> choose(Use Adobe Reader). .