The Division deals with constitutional matters including Article 370 of the Constitution of India and general policy matters in respect of J&K and terrorism/militancy in that State. It is also responsible for implementation of the Prime Minister's Package for J&K.
Jammu & Kashmir Division
|1||Organisational Chart||Download (71.74 KB)|
Role & Function
The Jammu & Kashmir Division deals with the Constitutional provisions with respect to the State of Jammu and Kashmir, administration of the Armed Forces (J&K) Special Powers Act, 1990 (21 of 1990) and all matters relating to the State of Jammu and Kashmir, including counter terrorism within Jammu and Kashmir and coordination in respect of subjects/matters specifically allotted to any other Ministry/Department like coordination with Ministry of Defence as regards manning and managing the line of control between India and Pakistan, but excluding those with which the Ministry of External Affairs is concerned. The Division also coordinates with various Ministries/Departments, primarily concerned with development and welfare activities in Jammu and Kashmir.
Overview of J&K
- The State of Jammu & Kashmir is situated in the northernmost part of India - capital Srinagar (summer) and Jammu (winter).
- One of the most beautiful places in the world - snow-bound Himalayan peaks and glaciers, pristine rivers and valleys, dense coniferous forests, and fresh mountain air - popular as Heaven on Earth..
- Shares borders with Pakistan in the west, China in the north and east, and the Indian states of Punjab and Himachal Pradesh in the south.
- It consists of three distinct regions Kashmir valley, Jammu, and Ladakh.
|Region||Area (Sq. Miles)||Population (2011 Census)|
- Languages - Kashmiri, Dogri, Pahari, Punjabi, Gojari, Ladakhi or Bodhi, Balti, Dardic.
- For administrative purposes, the State is divided into two Divisions, namely Jammu and Kashmir. The divisions are further sub-divided into 22 districts viz. Jammu, Kathua, Samba, Poonch, Rajouri, Udhampur, Reasi, Ramban, Doda, Kishtwar in Jammu Division and Srinagar, Anantnag, Pulwama, Kupwara, Shopian, Ganderbal, Bandipora, Baramulla, Budgam, Kulgam, Leh, Kargil in Kashmir Division.
Budget & Schemes
|1||Relief and compensation for housing damages/losses , crop losses or livestock losses, relief for stay at Relief camps and displacement etc. to those affected by Cross Border Firing-Increase in compensation reg.||Download (33.35 KB)|
|2||Compensation to Civilian Victims/Family of Victims affected loy Cross Border Firing/Cease fire violation in Jammu and Kashmir from SRE||Download (40.25 KB)|
|3||Financial Assistance to families of West Pakistan Refugees settled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir||Download (21.53 KB)|
|4||Enhancement of Cash Assistance to Kashmiri and Jammu migrants-reg.||Download (22.6 KB)|
|5||BUDGET AND EXPENDITURE||Download (1.27 MB)|
|6||Guidelines(Revised) for allocation of funds to CAPFs from CAP Budget Head of Jammu & Kashmir||Download (806.71 KB)|
|7||Special Industry Initiative(SII J&K) ‘UDAAN’||More|
|8||PRIME MINISTER's DEVELOPMENT PACKAGE 2015 for J&K||Download (16.08 KB)|
|9||CENTRAL SCHEME FOR ASSISTANCE TOWARDS DAMAGED IMMOVABLE/MOVABLE PROPERTY DURING ACTION BY CPMFs AND ARMY IN JAMMU & KASHMIR. (Re-imbursed by MHA)||Download (15.97 KB)|
|10||RELIEF AND REHABILITATION TO KASHMIRI MIGRANTS||Download (812.61 KB)|
|11||PENSION TO THE WIDOWS OF THE CIVILIANS KILLED IN MILITANCY RELATED VIOLENCE,SCHOLARSHIP TO ORPHANS AFFECTED BY MILITANCY AND REHABILITATION SCHEME FOR KASHMIRI MIGRANTS-2008||Download (1.7 MB)|
|12||REHABILITATION SCHEME FOR KASHMIRI MIGRANTS-2015||Download (797.38 KB)|
|13||RELIEF TO JAMMU MIGRANTS||Download (650.88 KB)|
|14||SCHEME FOR PROVIDING FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO DISPLACED FAMILIES OF POJK(1947) AND CHHAMB(1965 & 1971),RESIDING IN J&K||Download (504.16 KB)|
|15||EX-GRATIA RELIEF TO THE NOK OF J&K POLICE PERSONNEL KILLED IN TERORRISM RELATED INCIDENTS.(Funded by MHA)||Download (840.29 KB)|
|16||ENGAGEMENT OF SPECIAL POLICE OFFICERS IN J&K POLICE||Download (629.91 KB)|
|17||HONORARIUM TO SPECIAL POLICE OFFICERS IN J & K POLICE||Download (1.03 MB)|
|18||PILOT PROJECT FOR CONSTRUCTION OF BUNKERS IN BORDER BLOCKS OF JAMMU||Download (365.33 KB)|
|19||SUBSIDIZED HELICOPTER SERVICES FOR J&K||Download (1.65 MB)|
|20||SUBSIDIZED HELICOPTER SERVICES FOR HIMACHAL PRADESH||Download (1.34 MB)|
|21||STATUS OF VARIOUS SCHEMES||Download (2.04 MB)|
|22||Funds allocation & releases to the States under Centrally Sponsored Schemes||Download (15.92 KB)|
Acts & Rules
|1||The Armed Forces (Jammu & Kashmir) Special Powers Act, 1990.||Download (216.72 KB)|
|1||Rehabilitation Policy of Govt. of J&K dated: 31/01/2004||Download (213.98 KB)|
|2||Surrender Policy of Govt. of J&K dated: 23/11/2010||Download (334.93 KB)|
|1||Report of the group of interlocutors for jammu and Kashmir - A New Compact with The People of Jammu and Kashmir By : Dileep Padgaonkar, Radha Kumar, M.M Ansari||Download (1.55 MB)|