Division deals with matters relating to security clearances, Cyber Security, Cyber Crime, National Information Security Policy & Guidelines (NISPG) and implementation of NISPG, etc.
Cyber and Information Security (C&IS) Division
Organization Structure of CIS Division
|1||Organization Structure of CIS Division||Download (39.33 KB)|
|3||Details about CCPWC (Cybercrime Prevention against Women and Children) Scheme||More|
Allocation of work allocation - CIS Division
Security Clearance Wing
- Security clearance policy.
- Security clearance of FDI cases related investment in Broadcasting, Telecom, Satellite establishment and operation, Defence, Private Security Agencies, Civil Aviation, Mining of Titanium bearing minerals & ores and their mineral separation and investments from countries of concern.
- Security clearance of Chairman, Managing Director, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO), if held by foreign nationals, in telecom companies.
- Security clearance of Liaison Office / Project Office / Branch Office of foreign entities, branches of foreign banks in India, currency chest, currency proposals, etc.
- Security clearance of proposals relating to construction of Ports.
- Security clearance of non-scheduled operator permit, scheduled operator permit, greenfield airport, airstrips, flight clearing agents, acquisition / import of aircraft for private use, Flying Training Organisation, Microlight Aircraft, Hot Air Balloon, Powered Hang Glider, UAVs.
- Security clearance of proposals of Community Radio Service, Uplinking from & Downlinking of TV channels in India, Uplinking only of TV channels, Downlinking only of TV channels, FM Radio, Teleport, DTH, HITS.
- Security clearance of proposals of Industrial licenses in Defence, Arms & Ammunition and Explosives sectors.
- Security clearance of proposals of Power and Petroleum & Natural Gas projects in geographically sensitive areas.
- Sensitive proposals from other ministries.
- All coordination work including Budget matters of CIS Division.
Cyber Crime Wing
- Schemes on cyber-crime portal prevention and control.
- Capacity building - Setting up of cyber investigation labs.
- Schemes on prevention of Cyber Crime against Women & Children.
- Best practices compilation and dissemination on cyber-crime, R&D on prevention and control of cyber-crime.
Cyber Security Wing
- Cyber security policy, strengthening of cyber security breach of Govt. organisations.
- International conventions on Cyber security and cyber-crime.
- NISPG policy and its implementation / compliance in other government organizations.
Information Security Wing
- Implementation of information security policy as per NISPG in MHA and its attached / subordinate offices.
- Regular information security audits (internal and external).
- Coordination with NIC for monitoring of traffic and logs.
- Assessing security risks, planning and implementing steps to counter threats.
- Cyber awareness programs and skill building of officials of MHA and its attached / subordinate offices.
- Policy on lawful interception, audit of monitoring facilities.
- Policy related issues of DoT / MeitY.
- Coordination for Centralised Monitoring System.
- Secured communication systems like RAX, SDCN etc.