Shri Ajay Bhalla
NAME : AJAY KUMAR BHALLA
CADRE/YEAR : ASSAM-MEGHALAYA, 1984
• M. Sc.(Botany) from University of Delhi, India
• MBA from University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia.
• M.Phil (Social Sciences), Punjab University.
• Presently Union Home Secretary since 23.8.2019.
• Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the Ministry of Home Affairs w.e.f. 26.07.2019 till 23.08.2019
• Secretary, Ministry of Power, Government of India w.e.f 30.6.2017 (AN) till 25.07.2019.
• Director General of Foreign Trade w.e.f. 20th October, 2016 with additional charge of Director, IIFT since 29.11.2016 till 30th June, 2017.
• Before joining DGFT, Shri Bhalla worked as Additional Secretary, Department of Commerce, Govt. of India with effect from 13th April, 2015. He also functioned as Designated Authority, Directorate General Anti Dumping since 4th August, 2015.
• Prior to this assignment Shri Bhalla worked as Joint Secretary, Ministry of Coal, Govt. of India with effect from 1st July 2010 and Additional Secretary, Ministry of Coal, from 8th January 2015 to 12th April, 2015. In this assignment he dealt with allocation and allotment of coal blocks.
• In previous assignments in Government of India, Shri Bhalla has worked as Director (Ports) in the Department of Shipping, from May 2002 to March 2005 andlooked after the Port Operations and Human Resource Development matters of all the Major Ports in the country. Subsequently, he worked as Joint Secretary (Ports) from April 2005 to May 2007 in the Department of Shipping and looked after Port Development, Port Operations, HRD matters relating to Major Ports.
• Shri Bhalla has also handled various assignments in the cadre in the States of Assam & Meghalaya.