Shri Nityanand Rai
Shri Nityanand Rai was born on 1st January, 1966 in a farmer’s family in Karnpura village, 4 Km from Hajipur, headquarters of the Vaishali District of Bihar. His Mother Late Smt Tetari Devi was a house wife. His Father Late Shri Ganga Vishnu Rai was head of Gram Panchayat Karnpura for many years.
Shri Rai did his BA (Hon) from R.N. Degree College of Baba Saheb Bhim Rao Ambedkar University. Shri Rai who was interested in social works from student life, started social works in 1982 as a member of ABVP. In a short span of time, he hold gracefully the post of District Head and Departmental head of ABVP. He also took the responsibility of Tahshil caretaker as a Volunteer in the RSS branch.
Shri Rai joined Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) in 1990 and began to work from Panchayat level. While discharging the liability of Bharatiya Janta Yuva Morcha Minister of Bihar state and State General Secretary, he took the charge of president of Bharatiya Janta Yuva Morch in 1998. In 2000, he was elected MLA for Bihar Assembly from Hajipur Assembly constituency. Later on, he hold the post of state secretary, General Secretary and President of BJP unit of Bihar. He was nominated state President of Bihar Bharatiya Janta Party On 30th November, 2016. During his presidentship of Bihar Bharatiya Janta Party unit, he strengthened the party at the village and booth level. BJP and its allies won unprecedentedly 39 seats out of 40 seats during the Lok Shaba Election-2019 Under the presidentship of Shri Rai. Shri Rai won MP Seat more than 3.75 Lakh votes Second time.
Details of posts held by Shri Nityanand
He was four time (2000-2014) elected for Bihar Assembly. After winning Hajipur Assembly seat in 2000, he was elected continuously including two election during 2005 from this seat for Bihar Assembly.
He was first time elected for MP from Ujiarpur Lok Sabha Seat of Bihar State in 2014 Lok Sabha Election.
Details of Post held as an MP
September, 2014- August, 2018- Member of Standing committee on Agriculture
September, 2018-May 2019- Member of Standing committee on Commerce
Since May 2015- Member of Joint committee on Land acquisitions, rehabilitation and Right to get appropriate compensation for relocation and transparency (second amendments) Bill 2015.
- Bearing the accommodation, education and other misc expenditure of 5 orphan children, lives in Vatsalya Gram, Vrindavan, UP ( Running by Sadhvi Rithambara Ji) annually.
- Adopted three poor gang raped minor girls from outside the constituency area, have taken the responsibility of their education till marriage.
- Adopted polio affected 43 children and efforts were made to treat them completely through operation, providing them all other assistance also.
Many children have been freed from Polio. This process is still going on.
- During teaching at Degree College, free Book Bank and free coaching arrangements were made for economically weaker students.
- Awarded twice for donate blood and for organizing Blood donation camps in Bihar.